09 10

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Shower



My good friend from High School Rita is expecting her first baby very soon. I am so super excited for her, especially since we weren't real sure she would be able to have a baby. So she is very lucky! She is expecting a little boy they plan on naming Rickey, Richard after her hubby. I was so very happy that she invited me to her baby shower! I actually hadn't seen her since high school. You know how it is, life takes you in different directions. We have talked via letters and cards through the years, and reconnected on Facebook about a year ago. Anyway I made this card for Rita along with her shower gift (some super cute outfits with animal faces on the bum!) I used Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft) and Bashful Blue. Then I punched the star out using my soon to be retired Extra Large Star punch (retires June 30th, while supplies last). Then I punched out a piece of boy paper that I had and adhered it to the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the "Live Laugh Love" set which is also retiring June 30th. The ribbon is from last year, in Bashful blue (it's retired too).
I did get the idea from somewhere on the web, but not sure where at the moment.

No comments: