Friday, October 8, 2010
Think Pink Blog Hop
It's here! It's here! Welcome to the Think Pink Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Karel's blog, she started it all! We are doing this Blog Hop to promote Breast Cancer Awareness, and remind all of you to do your self-exams!!!! Our Sponsor is Sarah, at http://pinkcricut.com/ and she has generously donated a 25 dollar gift certificate for out Grand Blog Candy Prize. If you haven't seen her line of Pink by Design Stamps, you should check her out!!!
I decided to create something other then a card for this hop. This is a post it note holder made out of an acrylic frame. The first picture is without the ribbon, but I felt it lacked something, so I went back, took it apart and added the ribbon. The post it notes are on top of the frame, and you can replace the tablet once this one is gone. I'm not sure you can see it in the picture, but I stamped the image once, then again and cut it out, and added some dimensionals to give it some depth. You also can't see it in the picture, but the pink cardstock is embossed. I used my new ScoreBuddy to make diagonal lines one way, and then the opposite way (so it has a diamond shape). Then I used my Stampin' Up Scallop border punch to give the edge a little design, then layered that on top of white cardstock. Imagine this on your desk, you don't have to search for a tablet, and it reminds everyone to have hope that there will be a cure soon!!
These pictures aren't the best, but it is dark out and trying to get a picture without shadows in my craft room is a challenge.
So this is only your first stop on the hop, I am sure there are plenty more of wonderful creations along the way. Not to mention some great Blog Candy along the way! So continue on your way, and don't forget to do your self exam!!!
***I changed the design again!! I kept looking at the PostIt Note holder and feeling it was STILL missing something, so I took it apart again and matted the ribbon in a brighter pink. Then I went and embossed a small piece of paper in the diamond shapes and added it to a RSVP pen, the pen was still lacking so I added some little pink polka dots to that. Wish I had a mini ribbon stamp! Anyway I am FINALLY happy with the design! I took these pictures outside, but the grass was still wet with dew, so I left the frame inside the plastic. You may be able to see that I also added some sparkle to the center of the flowers.***
Next head on over to Crafting This Moment -- And in case you get lost along the way here is the list of participants:
1. One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity – http://karelj.blogspot.com
2. Gina’s Stamping Creations -- http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE!!
3. Crafting This Moment -- http://craftingthismoment.blogspot.com/
4. The Cricut Diaries – http://cricutdiaries.blogspot.com
5. Sweet Sassy Diva -- http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com/
6. Scrappin’ Sista -- www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
7. If It’s Groovy -- http://ifitsgroovy.blogspot.com
8. Oh, Snap! -- http://ohsnaplizzie.blogspot.com/
9. Crazy About Cricut – http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com
10. Gen’s Den -- http://www.gensden.com/
11. Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs --
12. Heartfelt Creations -- http://tlbheartfeltcreations.blogspot.com
13. Creations With Becka – http://creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
14. Calie’s Creative Corner – http://caliescreativecorner.blogspot.com
15. Tidbit’s Place – http://tidbitsplace.blogspot.com
16. Gypsy Paperie -- http://gypsypaperie.blogspot.com
17. Life From Marianne’s Table – http://number1aunt.blogspot.com
18. The Suburban Crafter-- http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/