09 10

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Echos of Kindness and Pretty Petals card


Another picture that didn't come out very bright! It doesn't do the card justice!
Anyway I made this one for a Swap with the PhillyInkers SU group that I am a memeber of, for a shoebox swap. The background is a background stamp from Stampin' Up called Pretty Petals. The sentiment is from a hostess set called Echos of Kindness. I stamped it in Real Red classic ink on Very Vanilla card stock. I then distressed the edges a little with the Real Red stamp pad. The Sentiment is stamped on Pretty in Pink cardstock, adhered to Real Red cardstock. I tied it up with a Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, and adhered it to a Real Red card.
Sometimes I think background stamps get overlooked. I don't know why. They make such great backgrounds on cards! And since Stampin Ups are big, they fit a A2 size card perfectly! Distress the edges for a nice look.

No comments: