09 10

Friday, February 25, 2011

Samples for a Beach Bachelorette Invitations




A friend from work asked me to create invitations for her friend's Bachelorette party. They are renting a house for the weekend at a beach to celebrate. She had the idea to add the little drink umbrellas to the cards, so I am trying to work out a few samples for her to choose from. These feature the Tropical Party stamp set (retired) and the Texture embossing folder. The images are stamped in Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso,and Old Olive. The Cardstock colors are Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Old Olive. The umbrellas are colored also with the same colors as the inks. The third card has the flowers cut out by hand and then I layered them and attached them with brads. The tropical drink is also cut out by hand and added to the card with Dimensionals. The sentiment is a Non-Stampin' Up stamp which I have in my collection. I have my favorite of the three cards, but I will also be making one more sample which will mix a couple of things from 2 of the cards. When I have it ready I will post it. I only had one sample umbrella so I had to take the first sample apart in order to make the second. However now I have more umbrellas, so that isn't a problem. Stay tuned for take number 4! I actually had the Tropical Party set on my wish list, but sadly, I didn't order it. Luckily I had friends in the PhillyInkers who offered to lend me their set. I knew I should have ordered it while it was available!!

No comments: