09 10

Friday, June 26, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly and new InColors!


As soon as I saw the new InColors I had to make something with it! Of course it has taken me forever to photo it and get it posted, but that is another story! I am trying to get pictures in natural light, which considering all the rain we've had, has been hard to do.

So anyway I made these little cards using the new Mellon Mambo, and Soft Suede InColors. The image is stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock in Mellon Mambo and Soft Suede Classic inks. I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the butterfly background lined up with the butterfly dot pattern. Oh and also the sentiment. It took a little practice, but I finally got it all straightened out! I used the Eyelet Border punch for the edge and tied it up with some Very Vanilla ribbon.
All items are by Stampin' Up!

This is on my Butterfly bush, which I can look out my window next to the computer and see. It is very relaxing to see the butterflies flitting around. And occasionally some bees and birds visit as well. Last year the bush was filled with butterflies of all kinds! Can't wait to see who comes to visit this year!

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

nice card! love those colors! and I love the new design of your blog! since I'm on google reader, it takes me a while to notice these things:0)