09 10

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Well Hello there!!!

I have a butterfly bush right outside my window, by the computer. It has been there for quite some time. I planted it while David and I were still dating. Anyway, it is almost a butterfly tree! It reaches taller then our rancher house, and I love it! The way it is positioned it is like I am sitting inside it and looking out at it's branches. I find myself gazing out the window often to see who is visiting it. This summer we had the very first hummingbirds I have ever seen in real life! I went out and put up a humming bird feeder so I can watch the little guys. They actually went away for about a week and I was worried that they were gone. But here I am sitting here watching them again! Today it is raining and miserable out. Hurricane Irene is supposed to be visiting today/tomorrow. Anyway I thought I would share some pictures of some of the visitors I have had this summer.
The first picture is my view through the Butterfly bush, looking up towards the sky:

A bee on the end of the bloom:

A group of swallows (I believe) one was feeding the others:

A tiger swallow:

One of the few good pictures I was able to get of a humming bird:

Another Tiger swallow:

The hummingbirds are quick! I have lots of pictures with them sort of in the shot, but not really. They will flit to all of the blooms, then come to the feeder. A few times they have turned to the window as if to say "Did you get a picture?" Or "Ha ha you missed me again!" I love the little visitors! Sometimes you can hear the tap tap of their feet on the windowsill. I have found myself staring out the window for hours!

1 comment:

Ann said...

What a cool butterfly bush/tree. I love to sit and watch hummingbirds and butterflies. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and the wonderful comment you left. I am now a follower also on your blog.