WELCOME to the March 26-27 Make Up Your Own Holiday Blog Hop!!
And now for the important messages: Karelj is offering an over-all blog candy for those who are hopping along with us. She thought it would be fun to have some holiday-themed candy for this hop--but, of course, made-up holiday items were hard to come by! She decided to do a whole bunch of *regular* holiday themed stamps for you to enjoy. From Fiskars, there is an assorted holiday set; there's an alphabet from All Night Media, a set of 100 plus clear stamps and a storage case from Family Memories, and 5 sets of clear stamps from various dollar bins in big box stores. How to win them? Follow along the blog trail, leaving a comment on each and every blog. On Monday, Karelj will ask her buddy Randy (random.org) to select a blog number (from the list), a day (Saturday is one, Sunday is two), and a comment number from that blog. Please make sure you have left a reliable way to contact you (email is best, in the safe format of **** at **** dot com ) so you can be notified by her personally. If you don't, she’ll have to select another winner.
You should have arrived here from Nicolette's Blog! If not you may want to start at Karel's blog. The object of today's blog hop was to create your on Holiday. Tye Dye has always been a part of my life. When I was a child I used to tye dye shirts all the time. Especially at Girl Scout camp in the summer. I always loved mixing up that big 5 gallon bucket of dye! That was back when your only choice of dye came in those little boxes of Rit dye. Now the craft store sell so many different kits with different ways to dye! There's the little bottles that already have the dye and you just add water (that's what we used), but there's also kits with strings that have dye in them and you just tye them on! My sister has a Tye Dye shirt that we teased her about because practically every picture I have of her over a 2 year span, she has the SAME tye Dye shirt on in every picture! LOL. My daughter dyed a shirt once at a Scottish Festival (what the two have to do with each other, I don't know) and she had lots of fun! So I decided one day when it wasn't that cold out that my children and I would go out back and dye some shirts. We had our pajamas on (which we kept on in case of a Dye emergency, after all who will see them in their pajamas?) and they slipped on their rain boots (again in case of a spilled dye emergency, easy clean up). Then they slid their art smocks on and out we went. I gave them quick instructions and let them dye their shirts. They had a great time! My daughter declared that we should do this all the time! So a new tradition was born!
Ok so here is what I came up with. My daughter and I painted coffee filters a while back and they have been in my closet forever. I finally pulled them out to use when I thought abut making a tye dye craft. We started out with plain filters, which we painted with watered down kids washable paint. Here's what one of them look like.
Then I adhered them to pieces of cardstock and just started creating. The first card, (which I used the layout that I have used before, CASED from Ilina Crouse). It features the now retired "Wow Flowers" set by Stampin' Up! I went with black and white accent colors since there was so much color already in the card.
The next card I pulled out my 5-Petal Flower Punch by Stampin' Up and punched out some flowers. Then I took a retired punch to punch out the smaller flower. I stuck them all together using a large white brad. The vase is the Ornament Punch by Stampin' Up with the point trimmed off. I crumpled it up, and distressed it with shiny Versamark and Basic Black to give it a look of patterned glass.
The one flower I layered with Dimensionals. The stems are from Stampin' Up's "Greenhouse Garden" set. I added it all to a Z fold card and added some ribbon. Now I will say that this would NOT be ideal for Scrapbooking pages, since neither the filters. nor the paints are acid free, but I think they made some cute cards! Now I just have to figure out what I will do with the other pile of 15 filters I have still sitting here! LOL, that's for another day!!!
Next you want to hop on over to the wonderful Kathryn's Blog! Here's the list of Blogs in our hop in case you get lost along the way:
1. Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity at http://www.kareljcreations.com
2. Janice at Cricut Confessions at http://www.cricutconfessions.com/
3. Summer and Jennifer at The Cricut Diaries at http://www.cricutdiaries.com/
4. Denine at Pumpkin and Spice at http://pumpkinspiceblog.blogspot.com/
5. Colleen at Col’s Creative Corner at http://www.scrappycol.blogspot.com
6. Mistyrose at Sweet Magnolia Rose at http://sweetmagnoliarose.blogspot.com
7. Ellen at Card Monkey at www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
8. Rachel at Suburban Crafter http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/
9. Monica at Scraps 2 Treasure at http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
10. Jen at Young’s Scrapping at www.youngsscrapping.blogspot.com
11. Becka at Creations With Becka at www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
12. Jamie at Glitter, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! at http://www.jamieisacraftymomma.blogspot.com/
13. Michelle at Peanut Butter and jelly Designs at http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com
14. Celeste at Touched By A Butterfly at http://touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com/
15. Leah at Leah’s Card Designs at http://leahscarddesigns.blogspot.com
..."There is an error in Leah's line-up--please make sure you go to Calie after Leah at the blog address below!! So sorry!"
16. Calie at Calie’s Creative Corner at www.Caliescreativecorner.blogspot.com
17. Audrey at It’s A Beautiful Life at www.audreyscardsbydesign.blogspot.com
18. Bonnie at A Scrap Above at http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
19. Diane at Crafting This Moment at http://www.craftingthismoment.blogspot.com
20. Nicolette at Beyond Scrapping at www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
21. Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping at http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com YOU ARE HERE!!
22. Kathryn at Creations With Kathryn at http://www.creationswithkathryn.com/
23. Yolie at Just Yolie, Just Create at http://justyolie.com
24. Patti at Short ‘N Scrappy at http://www.shortnscrappy.com/
25. Krista Orr at Scrapaleupagus at http://www.scrapaleupagus.blogspot.com/
26. Kay Craig at 100 Things at http://kopperhead100.blogspot.com
27. Jane Hollon at Sneezy’s Ramblings at http://sneezy1956.blogspot.com