09 10

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Priceless Butterflies

I had a little trouble finding inspiration last week. We got news that a dear family friend passed away early in the week. I spent most of the week in a funk. I had no desire to be creative whatsoever. Yesterday (Monday) we said our goodbyes to our dear friend. I am trying to take comfort in knowing that she is no longer in pain, but you know that isn't easy.
Last night (Monday) I forced myself to sit down and make these cards. I used Pretty in Pink, Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock by Stampin Up. The background is actually a Jumbo Stampin Up rolling stamp called "Whimsy". Which after I had them all rolled out I thought I should have done the opposite way, but it still looks okay I think. The butterflies are from the set "Priceless" and the sentiment is from the set "Heard From the Heart" I finished it all up with 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and added some detail with the "Eyelet" Border punch.

Friends, always remember to tell your loved ones you love them. Don't ever miss that chance. Let them know while they are here. So when they are no longer here with us, you don't wonder if they knew how you felt about them. I know that she knew I appreciated all she's done for me, but I don't know if she knew how much I loved her, and will miss her dearly. RIP Katherine. I miss you already!!

1 comment:

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Oh this is SOOOOO PRETTY!!!!