09 10

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Moonlight Dasher

I wanted a simple "quick" card to include in my Sweet Deal Club's packages this month. I watched a DVD that my Upline Claire Lawrence lent to me. It had SU Demonstrators from all over demoing cards, and techniques. Melissa Ellis, showed the deer from Winter Post, in front of a sun on a hill. I didn't have that set, nor did I have the More Mustard ink that she used, so I tweaked it a bit, and came up with this. It uses Dasher, and the Sentiment from Snow Swirled. The moon is done by punching a 1 3/8" circle out of a Post it note, and the rest is sponged with Night Of Navy (on Whisper White Cardstock), and although it is hard to see here, I sponged a bit of Bashful Blue on the top of the hill. The ribbon is the 1/4" Night of Navy Grosgrain ribbon. I used a circle punch to punch a hole to thread the ribbon through. I added a little of the Dazzling Diamonds on the snowflakes by Dasher's antlers.

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

wow, that was fast! and that came out AWESOME! don't you love that video??