09 10

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shoebox Swap

OK first can I say that we just switched over to Fios. My hubby has been pacing the floors practically, waiting for it to arrive in our township, and we had it installed yesterday. I was unimpressed until about 30 seconds ago! I no sooner hit upload picture when a screen popped up and said the picture was loaded. OK I am officially impressed! It used to take FOREVER to upload! Don't tell him I said so though! :)
OK so anyway, I made this card the otherday for a shoebox swap that I went to last night with some of the PhillyInkers. At first I was going to make a Christmas card, but I decided that maybe it was a bit too early for Christmas (although I did make some others that I have to upload) so I took a nap, and when I woke up this is the idea that had come to me! (See naps are for grown ups too! LOL) I used Rich Razzleberry for this card, along with Very Vanilla cardstock. and Rich Razzleberry Ribbon. This may be a card I offer in an upcoming card class if anyone is interested in learning how to make it, please let me know! The design was made using on of Stampin Up's Texturz Plates, and the BigShot.

If you are on the wall about purchasing the BigShot, please know that there are so many other things that you can do with it other then just cut things! There are all sorts of ideas out there, so if you are unsure, look around! I am hoping to build onto my Dies library so that I can continue to make more creations with it.

I do have a few other cards to upload, however Inky, our cat, did not appreciate me interrupting her afternoon nap and sunning in our front window so that I could take pictures. She all but pushed me out of the way! So I had to take this one out on the front step, and I wasn't impressed with the results, so the other pictures will have to wait for now. Maybe if I am good, she will allow me to take them tomorrow....?

No comments: