09 10

Thursday, July 14, 2011

June's Card Club cards



Each month I host a card club here in my home on the third Friday of each month. In June I wanted to showcase a now retired stamp set, "Pun Fun". I love this stamp set, and am sad to see it go, but it had to retire to make room for some new sets. :) I also wanted to incorporate some Designer Series Paper into some cards, and I came up with this idea. The Designer Paper (DSP) is from the 2010-2012 InColors Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117158), and I chose the Concord Crush paper. The cardstock is Pretty in Pink, as well as Whisper White. We then used the Stamp and Write (Marvelous Markers) markers to color in the images. Often times when I make the design for card club I feel like maybe something is missing, or maybe something should be changed. So this time when I demonstrated, I also made the cards without the designer paper, so that the ladies could see both versions, and they could choose which they liked better. I also chose a different image from the same "Pun Fun" set. The sentiments were included with the images, and we stamped them and punched them out with the word window punch, which we layered on a piece punched out with the Modern Label punch.

No comments: