The fabulous Karel at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity has done it again! She's come up with a Blog Hop that is both inspiring, and challenging! The theme for this blog hop is inspired by Martin Luther King Jr's "I have a Dream" speech. The Grand Prize Blog Candy is the Dreams Come True Cartridge, donated by an anonymous donor!! In order to be eligible to win, you need to leave a comment on each and every stop on the hop, along with a way to contact you. Karelj will choose a winner by random.org on the 18th and announce it on her blog, as well as contacting the winner personally.
You should have arrived here from Krista and Kori at 2 Crafty Chicks http://2craftychics.blogspot.com/. If you just happened along my blog, you may want to hop on back to Karel's blog and start there!
Now for my creation. First off I have to say that it has been a crazy few days, and I haven't had a lot of time to put thought into what to make. (my daughter cut her foot on a nail sticking out of a metal strip between the LR rug and Kitchen tile the other day, and I have been concentrating my time and efforts on her) As I type this it is 4:45 on Friday afternoon, and the post is due to be up at midnight. I still have NO IDEA what I am going to make. Not a clue. Don't know what colors, don't know what stamp set, nothing. So we'll see what comes out of this!!! I started thinking, what is my dream? Do I have one? Well of course there's that dream where Richard Gere dressed in his Navy dress uniform and walks in and sweeps me off my feet...oh wait that was a movie. Shucks. But Richard if you are out there reading this Come and get me!! :) Okay seriously. I of course have the dream that my children do well in school, and go to college and become successful in whatever path they choose to take in their lives. Just to be happy. But isn't that every one's dream for their child? I dream of a bigger, beautiful house with perfectly manicured lawns and maids to do all the cleaning, but well, that is more a fantasy than a dream! So what is my dream? I don't know. I decided to research "Dream" a little. Here's what the online dictionary has to say about "Dream" (Noun):
1. A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep; "I had a dream about you last night".
2. Imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake; "he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality".
3. A cherished desire.
4. A fantastic but vain hope.
5. A state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality; "he went about his work as if in a dream".
6. Someone or something wonderful; "this dessert is a dream".
7. The thoughts, or series of thoughts, or imaginary transactions, which occupy the mind during sleep; a sleeping vision.
8. A visionary scheme; a wild conceit; an idle fancy; a vagary; a revery; -- in this sense, applied to an imaginary or anticipated state of happiness; as, a dream of bliss; the dream of his youth.
So then I tried thinking again. Still no idea. I would love to pursue a Full Time Job as a Demonstrator for Stampin' Up. Ah, but that seems like such a distant future. Oh but wouldn't it be a wonderful dream??? I could spend long "hard" hours "slaving" over my craft table creating cards that I can demonstrate. Working up some class schedules, and class ideas. But what a wonderful job it would be!! I could make my own hours, make and meet (or beat) my own goals, and sleep in on days I just didn't feel like getting up! And wouldn't it be wonderful to have a job doing what I enjoy doing anyway??????? That would be a dream indeed!!! It isn't an unachievable dream. After all I know a few ladies who have done it. And it's what Stampin' Up is all about. So in honor of that dream, I am going to make a few different things. I still don't know what they are going to look like, or what colors they are going to be. But we'll see.
Okay so now it is 8:30. I came up with a couple of things. First up is a candle. The floral piece is stamped in Wild Wasabi and is from Stampin' Up's "Kind and Caring Thoughts". The sentiment is one that I've had hiding in my stamp drawer for a while, it's stamped in Black StazOn ink.
The second item is a bookmark. The flower is from Stampin' Up's "Awash with Flowers" the stem is stamped in Old Olive and the flower part is done using the Rock and Roll technique in Pixie Pink and Real Red. Sentiment is again stamped in Black StazOn.
And the third item is a card, one that I confess I made a while ago, but it gave me the inspiration for the other two items. The patterned paper is from a stack that I had sitting around, I'm not even really sure what it's called. The buttons are just plain old white buttons. Again the sentiment is stamped in black StazOn, and the edges are distressed with Chocolate Chip.
I wanted to show that you can easily change up the look of a stamp by just playing around a little with the accessories, and by using a little imagination. Hope this inspires you to take a look at some of the old stamps that are sitting around that you haven't used in a while.
Now head on over to Monique at Unique Monique
If you get lost along the way, here's the line up for our Blog Hop:
1. Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com
2. Nicolette at Beyond Scrapping www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
3. Christel at Scrappin' Sista http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
4. Celeste at Touched By a Butterfly www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com
5. Rachel Henahan at Suburban Crafter http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/
6. Stephanie at SS Crafter http://sscrafter.blogspot.com/
7. Col at Col's Creative Corner at www.scrappycol.blogspot.com
8. Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper www.overjoyedscrapper.blogspot.com
9. Krista and Kori at 2 Crafty Chicks http://2craftychics.blogspot.com/
10. Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE!!!
11. Monique at Unique Monique at http://uniquemonique01.blogspot.com
12. Kathryn at Creations with Kathryn at http://wamfamily.blogspot.com/
****UPDATE**** My daughter's foot is healing nicely. Today is the first day she has been able (or willing) to put any pressure on it to walk. It is still sore of course, and she's developed a nice bruise, but she's doing okay. Infections seems to be clearing up, so that's good news. Thanks to all that have asked.
As for the candle, thank you for all of your wonderful comments. When I get a chance to go and buy another white candle, I will create a tutorial for all that have asked. Thanks again!