Hello all! You should have arrived here from Rachel's Blog here, if you just stumbled across my blog, you may want to go to Karel's Blog and start in the beginning!!!
We are doing this Blog today to honor all of the Veterans out there!
Because I have so much information, I decided to do this in a few posts. See the posts below to read about my veterans, and also a great charity, Operation Write Home! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS POST FOR THE CONTEST!! Thanks to the MILLIONS of men and women who put their lives and families on hold to ensure our freedom! We all owe them, for if it weren't for people like them, we wouldn't be free. How would your life be different with out them??? Think of that the next time you do something, the little things, that we all take for granted.
There are many different organizations out there that are looking for cards that they can send to the troops so they may send them home to their loved ones.Keep in mind there is no Card store right around the corner for most of the troops! What a great way to show some support - Send them some hand made cards!!!! We all have our favorite organization, and here is one that I deal with most often:
Operation Write Home
Now on to my projects! I added a few oldies that you may (or may not) remember. First is the USA card that I made for Memorial Day. It features the Faux Torn Mosaic technique.
Next up is bookmarks. I want to show how a little embellishments can make a difference. First Un-embellished:
Here is one of the bookmarks Embossed in Silver (kind of defeated the Red/White/Blue theme):
And in Red glitter (this one is not suitable for our troops because of the glitter):
My embossing powders weren't cooperating tonight, so these are not perfect, but you get the idea!
Here's the card I made for the hop. It is a no frills card, simple but it says a lot. It features the "Courage" set by Stampin' Up.
It didn't turn out at all what I had planned on, but I still like the result. I had planned on embossing the image, but after my issues with the glitter, I just left it go! For some reason I couldn't get the camera to get a good picture of the card. I really need to get a light box! Hopefully it is okay.
Now onto the nitty gritty information:
Our amazing Blog Candy (2—count ‘em! TWO Chances to win!!) are brought to you through the generosity of Marlo, who created the marvelous Scrap’NTote and Anne, from Paper Patch Crafts.
The rules for entering are the same for both prizes: Hop along our path and leave a comment AND a way to contact you on each and every stop. Please leave contact information in a safe manner ( ie, written out, rather than a direct link). On Friday, November 12, KarelJ will use random.org to first select a blog number (1-20) and then a comment number from that blog for each prize. She will post the winner’s name on her blog and notify the bloggers, so they can also post the winner. KarelJ will contact the winner, using the information left in the comment. If there is no information available, she will choose another winner from the same blog. It is up to the winner to contact KarelJ at ksjennings(at)gmail(dot)com. If she has not been contacted by Monday, November 15, another winner will be chosen.
Now, on to the good stuff! Our first prize is a wonderful Pink Scrap’Ntote to store your Cricut Cartridges in! It comes to us from Marlo, at ContainYaCrafts. You can see the wonderful way this binder system keeps all your carts together, and ready to go in a flash on this link: http://www.cricutcartridgestorage.com/index.htm Need more than one? Put it on the Christmas Wish List and have the hubs order NOW, as they are simply flying out of stock! We got one of the final donations for the year, and are so grateful to Marlo!
Our second terrific prize is a set of Spellbinders Nesties in the Crown Circle Shape. It comes to us via the generosity of Anne, whose family has an incredibly strong military heritage. You can also check out paper Patch Crafts here, to see what other incredible things Anne has to sell! http://stores.ebay.com/Paper-Patch-Crafts?_rdc=1
Thank a Veteran today!!!
Blog Hop List
1. KarelJ at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com
2. Celeste at Touched By a Butterfly http://www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com
3. Deb at Tidbit’s Place http://tidbitsplace.blogspot.com
4. Michelle at Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com
5. Jennifer at Young’s Scrapping http://youngsscrapping.blogspot.com
6. Diane at Crafting This Moment http://craftingthismoment.blogspot.com
7. Judy at Be Present Be Real http://bepresentbereal.blogspot.com
8. Marianne at Life From Marianne’s Table http://number1aunt.blogspot.com
9. Deb at If It’s Groovy http://ifitsgroovy.blogspot.com
10. Christel at One Scrappin’ Sista http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
11. Belinda at Queen Bee’s Musings http://queenbeesmusings.blogspot.com
12. Colleen at Col’s Creative Corner http://scrappycol.blogspot.com
13. Summer and Jennifer at Cricut Diaries http://cricutdiaries.blogspot.com
14. Rachel at Suburban Crafter http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/
15. Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com YOU ARE HERE!
16. Becky at Sew in Stitches http://sewinstitches.blogspot.com
17. Rebecca at Creations With Becca www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
18. Bobbi Jo at http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com/ CORRECTED19. Angie at Gypsy Paperie http://gypsypaperie.blogspot.com20. Linda at The Tulip Collector http://thetulipcollector.blogspot.com