09 10

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Feeling a little Distressed?

Then make a card! :) I made these for a recent swap with the Philly Inkers. It features Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Whisper White and Mellow Moss. The background is stamped with En Francois, and then distressed the edges. The strip of paper I crumpled up to make it look worn. Can I tell you that it felt almost illegal to be crumpling up perfectly good Stampin' Up cardstock?? :) The image is from the Thoughts and Prayers set. In order to achieve the two colrs I stamped the image in the Mellow Moss stamp pad, then used my blender pen to remove the Mellow Moss from the flower parts of the image, added Lavender Lace with my Stampin' Up Marker, huffed on it lightly to moisten and then stamped the image.
Each layer of the card is distressed, although for some reason I didn't distress the back Lavender Lace. (I must have been unstressed at that point, LOL.) It was a fun card to make and although the steps took a little while to complete it was worth it.

1 comment:

Chelsea M said...

Gina, I am awarding you the Sunshine Award for having such an upbeat and creative blog. You can see the award at http://a-chelsea-morning.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award.html

Chelsea Malouf